Affordable Health Insurance Plans
Get A Custom Quote For Individual & Family Plans
We connect individuals with insurance providers and other affiliates to give you, the consumer, an opportunity to get information about insurance and connect with licensed insurance agents. By completing the quotes form or calling the number listed above, you will be directed to a partner that can connect you to an appropriate licensed insurance agent who can answer your questions and discuss plan options.
Our content is free because we may earn a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site.
At HealthInsurancely.com, we take transparency seriously
To that end, you should know that many advertisers pay us a referral fee if you purchase products after clicking links or calling phone numbers on our website.
We sometimes offer premium or additional placements on our website and in our marketing materials to our advertising partners. Partners may influence their position on our website, including the order in which they appear on a Top 10 list.
For example, when company ranking is subjective (meaning two companies are very close) our advertising partners may be ranked higher. If you have any specific questions while considering which product or service you may buy, feel free to reach out to us anytime.
If you choose to click or use the phone numbers listed on our site we will be compensated.
What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
Healthcare.gov is a government run service that helps people shop for and enroll in affordable health insurance. The federal government operates the Marketplace, available at HealthCare.gov, for most states. Some states run their own Marketplaces.
The Health Insurance Marketplace (also known as the Marketplace, exchange, and healthcare exchange) provides health plan exchange and marketplace with enrollment services through websites, call centers, and in-person brick and mortar locations.
Small businesses can use the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace to provide health insurance for their employees.
When applying for individual and family coverage through the Marketplace/health insurance exchange (available on Healthcare.gov), you’ll provide income and household information. You’ll find out if you qualify for:
- Premium tax credits and other savings that make insurance more affordable
- Coverage through the Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in your state
On HealthCare.gov, you may be asked to select your state or enter your ZIP code. If you live in a state that runs its own Marketplace, we’ll send you to your state’s Marketplace website.
What is the benefit of Healthcare.gov exchange?
- Obamacare – a nickname for the Affordable Care Act. Its full name is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Obamacare was signed into law by President Barack Obama in March of 2010.
- Healthcare (insurance) Marketplace – a resource for those without health insurance to find affordable coverage through either a state or federal exchange. Again in his marketplace are the Obamacare (e.g. Affordable Care Act) plans that are available. Obamacare is best for those who are eligible for the subsidies (see below more on Obamacare subsidies).
- Subsidized Health Insurance – The passing of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) began the process of subsidizing (offering at a lower cost) health insurance plans for those who cannot otherwise afford health insurance and medical care.
- Medical Insurance – another term for health insurance. Also synonymous with healthcare plans and medical coverage.
- Health Insurance Companies – companies which underwrite (provide) health insurance plans. They are responsible for paying out claims when their beneficiaries (customers) receive medical care.
- Affordable Care Act established the Healthcare Marketplace
- Two divisions of the health marketplace.
- First division is the State Level Marketplace offered by 37 states
- Second division is the federal level health marketplace
- Healthcare Marketplace is also referred to as Obamacare
Why Health Insurancely?
We assist in the confusing world of health insurance. Our services connects you with one of our partner insurance agents who will help determine your subsidy eligibility and provide you with quotes for private or state and federal exchange health insurance plans. These plans meet federal standards under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Alternatively these partner insurance agents can offer short term medical plans, limited indemnity plans, and Christian health sharing plans… and many more!
Please note, that not everyone will qualify for a federal or state subsidy, or an Obamacare plan. Our site and partner agents are here to provide information & help in choosing the right plan for you.